Sunday, October 19, 2008

conflicted...

I simply cannot believe that my fingers are sequencing my computer keys in this order producing these words but................. drum roll please..................

I think....... umm........... I may want to run another marathon......... as I walked... stumbled back to the hotel like at wounded man on the beaches of Normandy Sunday I reached the room and made Hannah promise just one thing.... Never, ever, under any circumstances ask me to do this again! I then proceeded to lay prostate on the shower floor in my own salty filth...

But then Monday morning I woke up feeling holy dissatisfied in my performance on Sunday... Call it my 5 potty stops of 20-25 minutes in total but nonetheless... I felt like a failure... Maybe it stems from a point in the marathon when I heard a lady yell "go Chicago walkers!" as I was passed by a 70 year old man wearing a Chicago Walkers t-shirt... Yeah, actually happened.... But ya know...? I can do better than this!

Whatever its worth, I'm so glad that we all did this together and I am in fact open to doing another one... God forbid...

We'll have to see...

gabe

1 comment:

~d said...

u go gabe! i know you can! and i will personally be there to hail u in at the 26 mile mark (providing YOU are the one in the pink tutu)....