Friday, September 26, 2008

Goo/Water/Gatorade????? Whats best?

Jesse,

Reporting in here T-minus 16 days till Chi-Town!!! Listen I have sponsered all 7 of us with a pacetat that I will have for us by next week!! I also wanted to get your feedback on mixing gaterade/water/goo. I have been reading on many websites that if you do all three you tend to get very upset stomachs and that you should NOT do SPORTSDRINKS. I have read that you need to keep 100 calories an hour going in while running while keep a steady in take of H2O.

I have heard many of the runners in this group complaining of upset bubbling stomaches during and after our runs. Many stories on-line talk about how marathoners are throwing up from miles 20-26 so its something to keep in mind.

My conclusion for me is: Take a goo/gel 15 minutes before we start, and then every 45 after. Drink little to NONE gaterade, and stay hydrayed with water from the beginning. I have been doing this and feeeling MUCH better in my runs...Let me know what you all think.....

3 comments:

christa said...

I agree... well said jesse well said

Gabe ♥ Hannah said...

after much nausea at mile 18... i agree!

~d said...

hey jesse: i am glad that these girls have a commander! just don't go commando!!!!!! love you!

p.s. how far is it to MY house.?.