Monday, July 14, 2008

another one down... and still feelin good

so here is a lil picture of the loop me and shalene ran on sunday.  yeah, we pretty much did a tour of sterling heights don't you think!!?? we had the most amazing pre-run meal ever at Luciano's! (bread, pesto pasta with chicken parm) we hit the sac early so we would have no excuses for our big endeavor the next morning at 7:00 a.m.  it was a nice lil surprise to run into matt bunk at the very beginning of the run!  the loops was a grand total of 17.5 miles!!! we ran most of the way together and it was so nice to have the encouragement and company of another runner!  we were 15 minutes late for our church service...so we may have to set out a lil bit earlier for the next one! keep it up out there! can you believe the milage we are putting on the road... pretty sweet if you ask me...

~Hannah~

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." 
- Steve Prefontaine

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You all are AMAZING!!! I get tired driving my truck 17 miles! I don't think I could BIKE 17 miles. I KNOW I couldn't run it!!! I am in AWE of you "Girgenti Runners" and feeling quite out of shape when I read your blog!!! Keep it up!

christa said...

Hannah! You never cease to amaze me with your encouraging words and ur amazing running skills....WOW this family kicks butt!!! I love u my lil squishy runner... Shay- YOU GO GIRL!!!! xoxox U guys rock!